Thursday, October 30, 2008

What is up with Yahoo Publisher Network






Since I have a number of websites, I use some different advertising platforms. Once such platform is Yahoo Publisher Network.

Recently, I put a tracking script on a number of blogs and websites that is available from MyBlogLog.com (yeah!its owned by Yahoo!). One site I have gets between 1000 and 1500 page views a day. I was wondering for a while now why Yahoo! only gets 1 to 3 clicks a day. These earnings always seem to be very poor, 6 cents to 23 cents a day.

After putting the script on that site, I was showing 14 clicks the first day, 9 clicks a second day, and then 14 yesterday.

I sent a note to Yahoo Publisher Network advising them that I believe their reporting system, or atleast with my account, was not reporting the proper amount of clicks. They got back to me to say "their reporting system is currently working properly and can tell when people falsely clicked or clicked accidentally.

All I can say is that is a lot of accidental clicks. The amazing thing is that all clicks for ads other ad networks come up 100% as reported through the tracking script. That includes Adsense and Adbrite.

If this continues, I will just have to remove Yahoo Publisher Network from all blogs and sites. I guess I would lose that 6 to 23 cents a day but I think I will survive.






Here is two actual screen shots from yesterday showing why something is seriously off on the reporting.










No comments: